You know the feeling when you are trying to reinstall software on a computer…you’ve done it many times…but all of a sudden you can’t find the original DVD with the software key printed on it?
Yup. M e too.
Belarc Advisor (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html) to the rescue. It will tell you the licenses of software already installed on the computer.
It also tells you a whole lot about your computer’s system: disk space, memory, etc.
Microsoft DiskPart version 6.2.9200
Copyright (C) 1999-2012 Microsoft Corporation.
On computer: COMPUTER
DISKPART> list disk
Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
——– ————- ——- ——- — —
Disk 0 Online 298 GB 0 B
Disk 1 Online 7509 MB 6619 MB
DISKPART> select disk 1
Disk 1 is now the selected disk.
DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk.
DISKPART> create partition primary
DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition.
This info was copied from: http://geekswithblogs.net/ilich/archive/2013/04/26/recovering-unallocated-space-of-a-usb-flash-drive.aspx
I’m really used to being able to change timestamps from inside the unix shell. Occasionally I need to do this in Windows, and it’s not that simple to do. However, this tool brings right-clicking on a filename to change timestamps to your computer:
TouchPro by JD Design
TouchPro allows you to change any combination of file time attributes through a file’s property pages. It fully integrates into Windows Explorer giving you the ability to affect the timestamps of:
- Individual files
- The results of any file searches possible with Explorer. For example: particular file types, or for files within a date range.
- Entire folder hierarchies
The registered version of TouchPro enables extra facilities:
- Separate time & date modification.
- Touch files and/or folders.
- Touch read-only files and folders.
- Save settings.
- Time offset modification – useful if your computer or camera’s date is set incorrectly and you need files timestamps changing to the correct time.
- Load the time from the timestamp of a file or folder, or from embedded time properties in pictures, email or Microsoft Office documents.
- Select 24 hour time, and long or short date format.
- Command line version.
- Context menu operations to Touch with the saved settings, or the current time.